Monday, March 15, 2010

State of Affairs...

Howdy everyone!

So numerous happenings this weekend! This game is simply amazing, everything that you can change, experience, etc... In this as well this game completely is annoying for someone who has adult ADHD... for there is nothing worse. Whats worse is that you have a few friends who are waiting on you to continue leveling regardless of what you choose.

To really get a feel for the game overall you need to try everything, for me that is fine, for friends waiting it can be a bit annoying. So this weekend I pushed and gritted my teeth to get Tremereis to level 20... the conj class can seem amazing but for someone who does not like to wait the 10mins while the pet catches up than decides to attack... or chooses not to attack at first... its not fun. All the pew pew pew in the world will not save you if your pet decides to not move, does not catch up in time or you pull aggro.

So what does one do? Try other classes... now I had intended to restart with my Shadow Knight, while in my heart she is as fun as I remember, I have come to find out that that all the back treking to get her back up to speed just isn't worth it - especially at 43. The other intention that I had was to start up my defiler alt only level 1. But when I came back Starlin had chosen a Mystic. Our other friend had started a templar... so figured I had to take a tank class. Now in all my MMO history, I have always chosen what to do for the group rather than what I have enjoyed - this has lead me to leave numerous MMO's. I am not leaving this one, and I can get to 20 with the AA slider after 10 at either 50 or 100% within a few hours of game play. So catching up is not my issue, its the fact that its another waiting period for my friends.

Than to top it all of yesterday my wife was enjoying the character generation as well, so this slowed me up. At around 1am I than witnessed my bad sector drives fail. So another showstopper.

On top of all this as well, I am quitting smoking as well. The battle has been going well! Yet the battle as each hour passes is a bit hard. We are talking about an individual (myself) that for 15 years has smoked 1-3 packs a day. So its a battle I am and feel I am winning but still a rough one.

More later...

1 comment:

  1. The longer that you can quit smoking, the more alts you can create...and the more games that you can play. :)

    Good luck - it's hard, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete