Friday, March 12, 2010

Amazingly Massive

So, finally getting settled with my conj in EQ2. An amazing class and very versatile and able to handle almost everything thrown at it, even at the lower levels. I am at 10 mobs I am able to handle, still trying to push the limit :)

Now that being said, I have been watching guild chat and the other various channels in game. There is alot that I have no idea what it is, or how to come about doing various tasks. In all... this game is very established and a game that can leave a new player drowning or gasping to breathe from the sheer weight of the amount of content and inter-connectivity found within this game. So in essence, this game is amazingly massive!

Yet this can also be an issue. As Star has stated with WoW there is tons of reference sites and various sites to utilize to help guide someone who has never been through the game. Myself, I have achieved the rip-old age of 43... established for a player 2-3 years ago. Now this season of an adventurer is only half way. Yet an adventurer that was 43 1.5 years ago, is now not all that well... and has missed out on much content. I would argue that a character from 1.5 to 2 years ago heading up to level 60 should just be restarted... but that is just me.

There are so many aspects to this game, that it can be easy to miss various stages of the game for adventuring and progression sake. Solo zones, duo zones, trio zones, raids, quests, armor quests, heritage quests, heroic quests, quests galore and they are all connected to an MMO that is barely viewed in the MMO Market. Amazingly Massive! It is great to be apart of such an established and mature game, finally I am home, finally I feel excited about gaming again, finally.

Now with all the information out there... I am thinking of starting a project for general and my class specific needs. Rather than going to 3-4 different sites, and having to click on various pages to come up with the specific information that one needs having everything on a spreadsheet a step-by-step process so to speak. Lets see how this project progresses to see if it is even worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment