Monday, March 8, 2010

The Dirge

So, here is yet another story of my many "alt-tastic" adventures in Everquest 2.

So here I am last night looking to get in game and just unwind from a very exhausting weekend and last few weeks. I had just one thought after my son was down for the night... to game. So I close out the 25 applications I had open, grab some much needed caffeine and sit in my extremely comfy chair and start up EQ2.

The game loads into the launcher, I check my friends list to see who is around, and launch the game - the launcher does its magic and I arrive at the character selection screen. To my surprise I find that all of my characters are gone!!!! I immediately contact SoE support and the issue was resolved promptly - much better and more mature than wow support though the whole ticket process can be a bit confusing but that is another matter.

While waiting for SoE and my other characters to return from their breif vacation, I decided to roll something that I have been back and forth with. A dirge - now I know that some of you might find this class the flavor of the month, yet I have been secretly a closet case dirge fan for nearly 5 years, and have yet to dive into the class at all.

So I whip through the creation process, choosing a Dark elf (nothing like jumping off a 2000ft in game mountain and just casually floating down :) ) male to start a theme with his sister the Shadow Knight and named him Darkvoice. Waiting for the loading process to complete, I decided to run out for *GASP* a smoke - yes I know I need to quit and I am working on it... too bad the programs to quit are so expensive.

Once I come back in my little devilish dirge has arrived in Timerous Deep and is now ready to be controlled. I set off to grab the first quest directly behind me - yes behind me, not the first Sarnak you lay eyes on, with the quest you go back to that first Sarnak and immediately gain a level with that turn in. So now here I am, about to go kill some two legged bird men or women, not sure which /shrug.

I realize that I have no idea what my new evil creation can do. So I look down at my action bars and see that I have your standard auto attack... quickly dump that button off the grid :), A ranged/bow auto attack, a any position quick strike, stealth and a stealth attack. Hm mm... now being me I decide to just charge right in... now my little friend did quite well, but that being said lost about 1/4 of his life as well. So time to rethink... all the while I'm saying FINALLY a challenge for a class! I choose the bow from a distance, the birdbrain closes in, I do my quick strike and 99% health left... OHHH Happy day, we need some tactics here! While those are on cool down I pop stealth just as I kill one, and move up behind and kill the second fluttering mess with one hit! Amazing!

Now I know the dirge will become a bit more difficult, but I wonder does it really, I see the masses maturely say the Dirge sucks... but is great for groups, while more hardcore fans state its all with the timing and accurate pulls. From level 2 I can see this and cant wait to get back on my Dirge as he is now level 12, WOOOHHHH First MC set coming up as well.

Stay tuned for more adventures and pics of my dirge and his sister the shadow knight!

No comments:

Post a Comment