Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alt-Itis

So AB is up.  I'm quite happy about that.  Server seems stable and everything in as it should be.

Throughout the years, my friends and I have returned again (hence, the blog name) to EQ2 (and other games).  And each time that we have returned, more often than not it coincided with an expansion coming out.

Expansions sometimes mean new races or start zones or new race/class combinations, etc...  I'm not sure if you see where I'm going with this - but I have 5 'main' toons. 

59 Inquisitor, 53 Wizard, 25 Illusionist, 22 Mystic (my newest creation) and a 20 Shadowknight.
EVERY ONE of these characters have had their AA's reset.  Makes sense due to the numerous changes in the game - but to research on the forums AA builds for 5 classes + try to remember how to play these guys effectively... that's rough!

I know my 22 Mystic the best since I started her with the Sentinel's fate expansion (latest re-subscription) and I don't want to out-level my friends.  Yes, I can mentor down, but still, it's not the same.

That leaves me with looking at my 4 other toons and trying to figure, at least initially, what to play first then how to AA-spec, look through my gear, my bank, my storage compartments, etc...  Then try and complete the quests (or delete and start from scratch) that are in my journal...

The problem is, there's no quick or good solution to this 'problem'.  Outside of not having any alts, you're going to get comfy with something (a toon) by using it over and over again and while absence might make the heart grow fonder, it makes the brain forget.   And I have far more important things to forget... :)

Star

No comments:

Post a Comment