Friday, March 12, 2010

Mystic fun

As Trimoon posted below regarding his conjurer - I'm really starting to like my Mystic.
She's level 23 or 24 now with 35 AAs.  I'm approaching the game as a number of forum posts (and guildie suggestions) of using the AA slider a lot. 

Basically the thinking is that starting at level 10, you should be gaining roughly 3 AAs per level.  So by the time you're level 20, or so, you should have 30, level 21, you should have 33...etc.  Once you get to level 30 (or so) you start to 'slow down' on the AA's - gaining 2 per level...It's hardly an exact science but in reality it's making my life SO much easier. 

I've had to purchase 2 things from the broker - a level 12 master-crafted weapon - and now a level 22 master-crafted weapon.  That's it.  The amount of 'uberness' that you get from having a large number of AAs makes leveling almost too easy.  It also makes completing quests trivial.

I bring this point up due to the fact that I took a look at my other alts - and, if I'm lucky, the highest one (inquisitor at level 58 or so) has something like 40 AAs.  I'm going to have to do a LOT of playing in the lower-end zones to get her up to the 120 (or so) that she needs.  And, while going through old zones is fine and dandy, I'd like to, ya know, SEE a zone completed in this decade...  It would also be nice to run some instances with my guildies - and, for some crazy reason, they like to run things created in this decade as well... :)

So all of this talk has me working on my Mystic, Pookette.  I'm taking down 4-5 heroic ^'s and even ^^'s without too much of a headache.  The self-buffs, the shields and, of course, the self-healing - just makes it that much easier to go through content.  And I know it will only be beneficial WHEN I make it to level 90 (not if, when). 

No comments:

Post a Comment